Skip to main content

Quick December Update


Ro’s nutcracker ballet turned out really well. He wanted to continue ballet lessons afterwards.  He hasn’t been having a lot of fun during the actual classes because they’ve been hard. He doesn’t have a lot of the coordination and flexibility that the other girls have since he started later in the class. The teachers noticed so he’ll be starting a pre-ballet class next year that should go a lot better. I told him that he needed to keep with it for a year, and, if he started anything in the future, he needed to keep with it for a year. I told him that boys needed to keep practicing and get stronger to hold up the girls. He responded with, “Will that be after I turn seven?” I thought it was because he wanted to be stronger for it, but he said it was because he didn’t want to do it. 🤦‍♀️  We’ll see after pre-ballet how it goes. Especially since he said he wants to do the Nutcracker ballet again. 🤷‍♀️

So far the new job has been good. Except for two days, I’ve been working completely from home so far.  I’m a part of a team the makes sure the High Speed Rail Authority’s contractors follow the rules listed in their Incidental Take Permit that had been issued by CDFW. Apparently, this permit has been amended a bunch of times already, which is not normal. I have the idea that I was hired because of my regulatory enforcement experience because they told me it was okay to say a lot more no’s than yes’s, and, if I couldn’t prove they were in compliance, I could make them prove they were. This is new territory for me. 🤣

B had a conference last week during my second week at work. I was able to change my schedule so I could pick him up and drop him off at school. Unfortunately, it rained heavy on Monday and someone crashed their car into the electrical pole providing power to our complex. Everyone else around was completely fine. 🤦‍♀️ The power ended up being out from 3pm Monday through 11am Tuesday. The freezer stuff was fine since I made sure not to open it at all, but the fridge stuff had to go. I hadn’t been cooking so luckily there wasn’t much. Ro had fun with all the candles, the house smelled really nice, and I learned how to tether my laptop to my phone and charge everything up at Starbucks in the morning. 🤣

So, that’s mainly what has been going on. And I think we did something wrong because now Ro loves listening to Bon Jovi and he wants to ask Santa for a cassette player so he can play a Bon Jovi cassette that his grandma gave him. 

I love you and miss you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hope you’ve had a Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas! Ours was pretty good.  Quick backtrack to Thanksgiving: We just did a small early dinner in Gramma Wanda’s backyard. It was warn and we ended up taking jackets off as well as ate inside. Torstein came with us to hang out with Sophie to be weirdo’s together. Ro also lost both of his front teeth and another bottom tooth that week. On a few Saturdays around that time, Ro went to a sort of Nasa coding camp at Fresno State since we had a break from golf. He ended being sick for two out of the three sessions, but he enjoyed the content. I also got a free community library card at the Fresno State library (job perk) and spent a lot of time knitting at Collect Coffee. Ro said he didn’t like spending a lot of time away from home though. He’s registered for baseball in spring, will be doing golf all year, and planning on tennis in summer (no refunds on that one for rain though the other two are flexible/flat rate).  Ro had a winter show at his school. The cafeteria was absolute

Streator, Illinois

I had been trying to plan a trip to visit my Aunt Jane and my Aunt Jean in Illinois for awhile.  Eventually, I heard that one of them was having dizzy spells and other health problems.  I figured that now would be better than later to go -- even if it was in the middle of summer time.  Ro will be starting pre-kindergarten in a few weeks and airplane tickets were just going to get more expensive until next February.   Day 1: We left Fresno Saturday just before noon.  Ro was raring to go on the trip until he realized how long it was going to be.  It didn't hit him until we got on the ramp to go from 99N to 152W.  Then he needed to use the bathroom and we tried to use a side road to convince Ro to go to the bathroom next to the road.  He's told us jubilantly before that one of the grandmas let him pee on a tree, but he just couldn't pee or defecate on the ground next to the car.  We packed him back into the car until we exited on 59N towards Merced and got h

March Update

B and I got our second Pfizer shots recently.  It's hard to tell if we're having side effects or psychosomatic symptoms.  After my first shot, I had some shortness of breath overnight, I was tired, I had bad allergies, my arm was super sore and I had weird upper back pain the next day.  After the second, I made sure to go running and that seemed to take care of the symptoms for the first night and next day.  I made the mistake of having a drink, thinking I was in the clear, but then I had random cold sweats and waves of pain in my head and back overnight with weird dreams about the pain and how it wouldn't go away until I got more shots.  Eventually, everything went away as if nothing ever happened.  B got his second shot last Friday and felt a bit of tiredness, but he went on a forty-five mile bike ride this morning -- the first group ride his bike gang has gone on since COVID started shutting things down -- and he seems fine now.  He's more worried about soreness beca