Skip to main content

Quick August Update

I know it’s been awhile.  Ro started school and going back to daycare this week. He came come yesterday with the sniffles, had a rough night sleeping, and then woke up this morning with a fever. B and Ro took tests this morning to make sure it isn’t something to quarantine, and I have a test scheduled for tomorrow. Both B and I stayed home and have been pretty much in quarantine just in case. We probably won’t be going back to work until Tuesday. Ro is okay so far. He had one fever that went to 102 but went down quickly with Tylenol.  At least it happened on a Friday and hopefully we’ll be back in business on Monday. 

I love you and miss you. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. B and I went down with symptoms. We’re still waiting for results. Ro is still sick but says he feels a lot better. He’s enjoying watching any show he wants all day.

      Delete
    2. We don’t have the ‘Rona! All of our tests came out negative. Ro is almost back to normal, but still coughing so we’re keeping him home a little bit longer. I had fevers yesterday and today is B’s day for fevers. Other than that, things are looking up!

      Delete
  2. It's been awhile since you last posted. I realize, I'm probably the only one who reads this, but it's the only thing I have to keep up, so please don't forget. I hope, you're all okay and that's not the reason.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year!

Christmas worked out pretty well. We did Christmas Eve with B's grandpa and mom at PF Changs and did a present exchange and play pool at B's grandpa's house afterwards. Dinner at Sharon's on Christmas Day was also nice, but we're noticing it's starting to get more difficult for her. We may start taking her and Denise out for Christmas dinner starting next year because it's cutting into hangout/talking and isn't as relaxing as it used to be. Ro got almost everything he wanted for Christmas though he's starting to question more seriously if Santa is real. I'm trying to move him into the "open secret" direction. We'll see how it goes. Ro got a new football, Arthur (PBS cartoon) sock set, Peanuts comics, and gift cards. He's been trying to find an excuse to grab anyone he can to go out and throw around his football. Everyone got petanque bags in their stockings. Santa also gave B a measuring stick and light-up cochenette, but B and...

May 2026

Ooops. I didn't realized I let this go so long without an update. Nothing personal, just lost track of time. We went on a cruise right before Ramadan to MX (7 nights to Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV) with Emmy. Everything would have been better if we didn't get a drink package for our room. Maybe then she might not have gotten drunk and curse at Ro twice and criticized our parenting. We let the first curse go, but then she did the rest during dinner on the 6th night and B got mad at her. She ended up with food poisoning on the 6th day/7th night and stayed in the room all day so we weren't bothered and had an awkward drive back to Fresno from LA. She owed me $1300 once we got back, which made everything more awkward. B and I think she didn't think I was bothered by the whole thing and that only B owed her an apology. Especially since she doubled down about cursing at Ro and never apologized for the way she acted. She kept hinting in later conversations that we might need to d...

Happy Birthday!

I hope today is going ok for you. It feels like it's been busy, but I don't know that much new has been going on since my last post. Mom came to visit in time for Ro's joint theater birthday party yesterday and will be heading out tomorrow. We saw Howl's Moving Castle. It came out when I was in high school, but I never saw the whole movie. It was really pretty and there was a lot going on. I think I might go back and read the book. The kids seemed to enjoy the movie even though it was also really long. We all looked over at where all the kids were sitting and it looked like someone dumped a large bucket of popcorn straight on the floor. The other kid's mom watched everyone to see who was trying to leave the theater for whatever reason (more drinks, bathroom, etc) and kept everyone together. It was a much smaller group this year even with having a joint party. The ads in the beginning were the worst - they took up almost a whole hour before the movie actually starte...